Students are a key resource as we seek to change the way American’s care for their clothes. What is cool and chic is often dictated by the youth culture. Good habits are also usually learned at a young age.
Resources for Colleges & Universities
by Chelsea Hodge (a Project of Project Laundry List and Pomona College)
A Green Cold Water Wash System
Does your campus want to…
- Cut water usage by 30-50 percent?
- Eliminate or dramatically slash hot water usage and resulting natural gas consumption?
- Produce less wastewater and sewage (any wastewater produced is non-toxic with a higher oxygen content)?
- Use fewer chemicals (detergents, bleach and softeners)?
- Bolster productivity (shorten dry-time by up to 20 percent and eliminate/shorten rinses and baths)?
- Eradicate 99.999 percent of the super bugs C.diff, MRSA (staph) and aspergillus niger and more in the wash?
- Reduce carbon footprint by up to 75 percent?
- Realize a quick return on investment?
Texas State University
With the 2010-2011 campus-wide Texas State University’s Common Experience on Sustainability, the line drying film and drying rack options will be a focus for the 33,000+ Bobcat students plus faculty and staff via the homepage, lectures and actual footage. Net Impact Texas State Student Organization’s Facebook page highlights this and other campus projects.